Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Sunrise "

I love to walk the beach in the morning and watch the sun rise turn the sky from dark to dawn to the clear break of day. Feeling the waves splash against your legs and the sand beneath your feet slip from under you, calms us like a lullaby, creating in us a sense of wellbeing. This renewing experience is not only found at the beach; it is found everywhere.
Everywhere, as Mark Nepo says, in "The Book of Awakening," that we allow ourselves to live slowly.
When I was recovering from a car accident, I was forced to live slowly. Yet what I recall most was the appreciation I had for being alive. I recall the kindness of friends, family and strangers who supported me in every way imaginable. Not only did front row parking spaces show up when snow covered the ground and elevator doors open as I approached, I noticed that in living slowly I stepped into endless moments of Seeing and Tasting the miracles of life.
As Thich Nhat Hanh says: "The miracle is not to walk on water, the miracle is to walk on the green earth dwelling deeply in the present moment and feeling deeply alive."
Living slowly allows us to see that we, as creative "Godlings" have come to breathe in the morning, noon and eventide air while we play in the sand; Our breath anchors us, allowing us to birth from the ocean of Being the song, the recipe, the report, the birdhouse, the blueprint.
Every moment we stand at the shoreline of Being. Can you feel the life force pulsing? Your attention, like the sun rises, and the fog lifts. Before you appears an idea, an image, a note.
Shape it, mold it; play it, appreciate it and release it.
Like the sand as it slips from under us, another miracle has come to pass into and through you to bless our world.
I Am
Rev Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment