Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"ASH WEDNESDAY"

From ancient Egypt comes the story of Anup, who lived in the dark and empty reaches of the earth. We are told his voice rang out, " I am the preparer of the way of the other world. I am the power making straight the paths to the upper realms of heaven." We see this divine mystery play out years later, only the role is played by John the Baptist in (Matthew 3:3) and his lines were: " Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven has come near...Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight."

Here is the Esoteric key to understanding Ash Wednesday.

You are an eternal spiritual being , the beloved expression of the One life. You are unconditional love and you are loved unconditionally. You know this and have sensed the allness of God, as Eric Butterworth says, lives in you, as you.
And then one Friday afternoon, along with your check you are handed a pick slip, saying "your services are no longer required." You may go through your drill "I have faith that God is in charge." But there is that "practical" part of you that says "Look at my age, no one wants to hire me." And there we are on our knees before the God of lack, running off with the gods of negative energy saying "I am afraid, worried, at the end of my rope."

The problems and appearances seem solid and real. This is not to minimize the challenges we face but is to maximize the power of the principle.

Today let us cast ourselves in the role as Anup/John the Baptist, the forerunner of the Christ; Let our voices call out in the wilderness, "Repent, I am the preparer of the way of the other world." In other words, "I am willing to shift, reframe and refocus, my attention on my intention to co-create something that makes my heart sing out Yes."

Ash Wednesday is for you to use esoterically, and realize this Divine Mystery plays out in us. Take this Ancient Wisdom that came into the world along with humanity to help us lift our eyes up from the physical, animal, horizontal plane, and as our Co-founder Charles Fillmore did, "call into manifestation our world according to thy perfect law."
You get my drift. Come inside, but before you enter, wipe the dust from your feet.

Happy Ash
Rev Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment